Friday 4 July 2014

Lacerations: Front Cover


Mr. Hartley has given me the task of designing the cover to his first story: Lacerations.  After having read the first draft of a few chapters this is the design I have come up with.  he wanted the front cover to be a shot of the character and her mood.

I think ditching the rather comic-book make-up was a great move as it makes her much more believable.  I wanted her to be bare as it reflects her life story through the scars and tattoos on her body.  She needed to look plain, depressed, unhinged and most importantly very dangerous, without needed to show weapons.  These two factors combined take the typical exploitation of a pin-up and turn it into something with much more character.  

The blood reflects her violent life, whilst the colour represents the cost of such a lifestyle.  Overall I am pretty pleased with it and I feel that it is one of my more detailed and refined works.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...