Sunday 30 September 2012

Draw Again Contest

On DeivantArt, a site that I do have a rather severe love hate relationship with, I was linked to a Meme that also was part of a contest.  Now whilst I do not expect to win, I thought it would be a good thing to do.

When I teach art I am always preaching that you should redraw pictures again and again if you want them to look good, so I thought it was time to give it a go.  I took two old pictures that I was proud of and re-drew them.

Desdemona 2010 vs 2012
A piece that I did for Halloween almost to the day two years ago, now re-drawn.

Ice Face 2008 vs 2012
My second ever acrylic painting drawn four years ago.  I still have it up in my flat despite the lack of technique as it has a spot in my heart.  However I thought this was a good reason to redraw it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...